Skip to the content
What travel insurance do I recommend?
From Argentina to Japan, Syria, South Africa and anywhere in Europe, you might want to look for proper travel insurance.
I always recommend IATI Insurance.
Against the Compass has been a partner with IATI for several years already, recommending it to all readers, as well as covering all Joan Torres’ personal trips.
Reasons I like IATI:
- Almost all nationalities can purchase it
- It has budget, basic plans, but may also purchase a premium plan with higher coverage
- More premium plans cover adventure activities, including trekking in high altitude
- It covers multi-country trips for up to 3 months
- It covers senior citizens
- and most importantly, IATI covers all the countries where the FCDO advises against all travel, including Syria, Iraq, Mali or Afghanistan.
Readers of Against the Compass blog can also beneficiate from a 5% discount: