Guest Post Guidelines
For your information, I do accept guest posts.
If you would like to guest post for Against the Compass, your article must be subjected to the following guidelines:
- If your article is about a specific country, it must be one of the countries I have blogged about. Here you can find my country list.
- Top priority guest posts: I am extremely interested in solo female travelers sharing their solo female tips to the destinations I have traveled to.
- For guest posts, I prefer informative posts, like those articles that provide with practical, useful information about a country or specific destination within the country.
- However, the best articles are those that combine both practical information and personal experiences.
- All my informative posts are extremely detailed or, at least, I try to make them as detailed as possible, which means that, the more detailed is your article, the better. Here’s an example of one of my favorite informative posts.
- The article needs to contain a minimum of 1600 words but the more the better. Please note that many of my articles are 5000+ words.
- My articles tend to have high-quality photos, so an article containing good photos is a plus. Stock photos won’t be accepted.
- Just to let you know that I may change the structure in order to have it homogeneous across all my site.
- I will take care of all the SEO but, if you tell me which keywords would you like the article to rank for, it would be very helpful.
What do you get in return?
Please refer to my Work with Me page for my site statistics
- 1-2 links to your homepage
- 2 links to any relevant article (non-competing) in the body of the text
- Links to your preferred social networks
- Post will be promoted across all my social media, tagging you when necessary
If you are interested in guest posting for Against the Compass, please send me an email at joan(at)againstthecompass.com with your topic proposal and I will let you know whether I am interested or not. Thanks!