In Myanmar, the slow democratic transition from the last years has originated an exponential tourism increase. However, the country still happens to be one of the most unexplored ones in South East Asia and where you can enjoy the local culture in the most genuine way. Besides, half of the country is still either banned for tourists or require permits difficult to get. Without any doubt, today is the best time ever to visit Burma.
– Capital: Nay Pyi Taw (but Yangon is the main city)
– Population: 54 million (23rd)
– Area: 678,500km2 (39th)
– Language: Bamar is the official language, but more than 100 languages are spoken
– Religion: Buddhist majority
– Curious fact: Did you know that Myanmar is the country with the highest number of different ethnicities? 135 in total